Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Study in Emerald

I recently read this Sherlock Holmes "spoof" ( I use the word spoof very liberally here.) by Neil Gaiman ( who elevated himself onto my great author's list - not yet all time favorite. He did come close with the Sandman series though).

The entire short story can be found in A Study in Emerald.
It is very cool spoof of Holmes and HP Lovecraft's Cthulu.
The story had interesting twists.
However, Dynamics of an asteriod was a dead giveaway.
To the delight of the initiated, there were many references to the SH folklore and H.P.Lovecraft mythology. Add in the advertisements - simply awesome.

My only disappointment was that the story was short.
I expected the story to be a bit more protracted like the original Study in Scarlet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home